Coconut Bread

After zumba classes I always have a terrible sweet tooth. I know this is not good and defeats the whole purpose of working out. I will often refrain from sweets and gulp my water.

But not this time!....

While surfing through Pinterest, I found coconut bread. Sounds good doesn't it? Yes, I thought so too, so to Walmart I went.
I could see my husband roll his eyes at me as I pulled out the mixing bowl. Needless to say, it was 10:00 at night.
 After I got everything mixed up (not exactly like the recipe because I do everything backwards), I noticed it said to bake for 1 1/2 hours. yikes.

Looking good.

It turned out that it only took 1 hour to cook so we all got to have a small piece before we went to bed. It was tasty but I'm thinking it will be better cool. Just one of those things like banana bread. Its better cool and doesn't have much flavor while its hot. I didn't have "lemon zest" that it called for so I used lemon juice instead and It think it could have used a little more. It was moist and you can definitely taste the coconut. 

I think I will need to try another piece just to make sure its right. ha!
Oh, and you can find the recipe HERE.

No comments