Jello Pound Cake

My mom would always make jello pound cakes like this. They were my favorite. I used my own pound cake recipe.


Its quiet simple. You just make a pound cake the way you normally do and add dry jello. I think raspberry, or cherry is the best but you can use any flavor. It will turn out with a sweet sticky, gooey tunnel of flavored swirl in the center.

Once I got it mixed , I poured some of the batter into the pan to cover the bottom, then poured a layer of jello. you want to be careful not to let it touch the sides. Its not that big of a deal if it did, but it might cause the cake to stick to the pan in that area.


continue doing layers of  batter and jello. You want it to end with the batter as the last layer. (I had two layers of jello and three layers of batter).  Now you are ready to bake it and all the gooey stuff is inside waiting.


Its always a surprise to see how its swirled when I cut into it. This one was a little light on the jello. I like a lot in my center, but it was still wonderfully delicious!

Linked on sweets-for-saturday at sweet-as-sugar-cookies , monday link party at craftomaniac , nifty-thrifty-tuesday at coastal charm , lil-luna-link-party-73 at lil luna , full-plate-thursday at mizhelens countrycottage , showcase-your-talent-thursday at whats cooking love

3 comments

  1. So easy! Love it! I will have to do this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so easy and looks really good! What a great idea! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-3.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Oh yes, I just love that wonderful jello running through that great Cake, it looks delicious! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete