Down Town Dinner

Today I’m gonna take you to a little place in down town Belmont. Belmont is a little town outside of Charlotte that has a southern charm.

I grew up in Belmont but rarely visited down town. If I can remember right, back in the 80’s, it was rather a ghost town. Nothing happening. The mall, skating rinks, arcades and mini golf were all in the next town over, so that's where I spent most of my time back then.

The town has since florished with restraunts, bars and shops.

Me and my husband had just left a visit to the chiropractor, which is in Belmont. It was getting past our supper time and we were thinking of a place to eat. We normally go back and forth on where to eat leaving the other to answer. Before that argument broke out, I mentioned a little place down town called Sammy’s Pub. It’s a nice little neighbor pub with a variety of foods and drinks.

We were quickly seated and the wait staff was friendly, chirpy and welcoming. They acted as if they had known us forever. Even the people and families inside eating were all smiles. The bar off to the side was full of people having fun with friends, laughing, meeting and having a good time. You can tell they had just gotten off work and wanted to wind down.  

Nick ordered the special- Grilled Salmon BLT.


I went lite and ordered the Southwestern egg rolls.


In no time at all, our plates were in front of us. The food was delicious. We were happy customers. 

During the drive home we talked about how good Sammy’s was and agreed to go back again soon. We also talked about how nice it would be if our current home town was as nice as Belmont had become. It felt good to be able to walk down the street, to and from our car, without being approached by pan handlers and drug dealers. Yes, the town I live in now is bad for that. Our city wants to improve things but there is hardly any way for the town to thrive as long as there is a homeless shelter in the center of it. 

We plan to revisit Sammy's and take our daughter next time. We also seen other eating places to try. Belmont is a great place to be with an inviting atmosphere whether its taking the kids to the park, a stroll down the street or going for a jog with friends. 

Now I want to live there again.

4 comments

  1. Glad you had a fun dinner with your hubby. I love my hometown....it's probably Hicksville for some...but I will always love it. We have had our share of crimes...but nothing like big cities. I think back to when I was raising my daughters ,I let them ride their bikes to the city pool, the movie theater and library....when they were young. I don't know if I would now..even in our small town. Oh yes, you could park your bike and no one would take them...a simple life long ago. Blessings to you sweet girl, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy both dinners look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This does it. I'm coming up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey good looking, this has been an illusive post. I kept getting 'error 401 NOT Available'
    But I got it. I read the alert, so I have been wondering what place you ate. We do have a bunch now. Yep we went thru a spell of completely DEAD downtown. Now parking can at times be a problem.
    We have eaten at Sammy's and enjoyed it.
    I do hope the Chiropractor does wonders for you.

    Son Mark used to own a building down town just a few hundred feet from Sammy's, but that was before our 'downtown boon.'
    Belmont is where Sherry was born and graduated from HS before I married her and took her away.
    We have lots of family there, and actually consider it our home base.
    Good entry! We wish you still lived in Belmont too!

    ReplyDelete