DIY Book Pumpkin

I have been seeing these really cute little pumpkins made out of books. I think they are adorable. It cost nothing to make and looks great with all the other fall decorations. When the season is over, you can simply throw them in the recycle bin. So, I decided to make one and I think it turned out nice.


First- I had to get permission from my daughter to cut up one of her old books. She found one from when she was in grade school for me use. It was old and the pages were yellowed, but that's good because I think that gave it the pumpkin glow it needed.

 
 
Second- I drew out on the first page of the shape I needed. Then cut all the pages to the pattern.



Third- I tore off the front and back cover, glued an old stick in the book spine.
I just used an old stick found in the yard.

Fourth- I glued the front and back pages together around the stick and let it dry.

For the finishing touch, I fanned out the pages and added some ribbon and twine.


There I have it. A book pumpkin. 

A few that inspired me to do this are at www.craftberrybush.com-fall-in-love-with-fall and ewehooo.blogspot.com- paper-pumpkin. You can find alot of different shapes and sizes that other crafters have shared by searching "book page pumpkins". There are also many different options of decorating them.

I've shared this on:
nifty-thrifty-tuesday at coastal charm
made-by-me-53-linky-party-and-features at jaqsstudio [Featured]

1 comment